Dutch restaurant ‘de Daltons’ has developed a burger that costs a whopping €5000 and hopes that will break a world record. Presented on a platter of whiskey-infused smoke the Golden Boy burger is loaded with premium ingredients like A5 Japanese wagyu beef, Alaskan king crab, white truffles and Beluga caviar. It’s then topped with white truffles, Paleta Iberico Bellota ham, onion rings and Dom Perognon Bun made with saffron and covered in gold; The barbecue sauce was made from Macallan Single Malt Whisky and Kopi Luwak coffee.
“The ingredients complement each other very well and the flavors are intense. Even though this burger is extremely costly, you should still use your hands because that’s the only way to eat a burger. Since the bun is covered in gold leaf, your fingers will be golden by the time you finish,” said Dutch chef Robert Jan de Veen.
The advertised price is €5,000 or $5,902USD at today’s exchange rates – the best part… all the proceeds will go to a local food bank. Hungry anyone?
The Golden Boy, €5000
– Wagyu Beef A5 (50% Chuck, 25% Brisket, 25% Short Rib)
– King Crab, cooked in chablis
– Dom Perignon-battered onion rings
– Paleta Ibérico Bellota
– Italian White Truffle
– Bluga Caviar
– Dom Perognon Bun made with saffron and coverd in GOLD
– Smoked saffron mayo sauce of duck eggs
– BBQ Sauce made of Kopi Luwak coffee and Macallan Single Malt Rare Cask
– Best Cheddar in the World
– Tiger Tomatoes pickled in Japanese Matcha
– Cucumber pickled in Japanese Matcha
– Whisky Infused Smoke
Images Courtesy of de Daltons