Created to mark and celebrate nine decades of BMW motorcycles, the BMW R nineT radiates purity and power. Like the first ever BMW motorcycle from 1923 – the classic R 32, this cool retro cafe racer is powered by a classic flat twin boxer engine which delivers quick acceleration from a standstill. The nineT employs the 1,170 cc air/oil-cooled boxer unit, delivering 81 kW (110 hp) at 7,750 rpm and musters up a maximum torque of 119 Nm (88 lb-ft) at 6,000 rpm.
“Conceived for maximum customisation – The nineT pools together the genes from 90 years of BMW Motorrad and its unique concept has been designed to keep customisation fans happy. During each stage of the puristic roadster’s development, the focus was very much placed on enabling riders to tailor it to their personal preferences in a variety of ways. The choice of modifications ranges from BMW Motorrad genuine accessories to custom-made add-on or accessory parts from specialist customisers, making it possible to create a truly unique machine.”
BMW hasn’t announced pricing or availability yet, but sale should begin early next year. Visit BMW’s dedicated Motorrad R nineT page for a full list of customization options.
Highlights of the new BMW R nineT:
– Puristic design.
– Hand-built feel of the workmanship.
– Air/oil-cooled twin-cylinder boxer engine with a displacement of 1,170 cc. Output 81 kW (110 hp) at 7,750 rpm, maximum torque 119 Nm (88 lb-ft) at 6,000 rpm.
– Ideally suited to customisation.
– Modular frame concept with removable pillion frame and frame end-piece.
– Classic wheel suspension concept using high-quality upside-down telescopic fork at the front and paralever at the rear.
– Exhaust system with two silencers on the left-hand side, with variation options.
– Traditional wire-spoke wheels with black rims and hubs.
– Radial 4-piston monoblock brake callipers, steel-braided brake lines and floating 320 mm brake discs.
– Model plate riveted onto steering head in classic BMW Motorrad style.
– Bespoke range of special accessories made to BMW Motorrad’s customary high standards of quality.
Photos Courtesy of BMW group