Oberoi Udaivilas palace has been voted World’s Best Hotel by US publication Travel + Leisure, with a score of 99.29. Readers rated their experiences on the following characteristics: rooms and facilities, location, service, restaurants, food and value.
“We are honoured that we have been able to play a small role in ‘Make in India’ by being the best hotel brand in the world and also having the best hotel in the world. The Brand ‘Oberoi Hotels & Resorts’ has received this recognition from among the 6.5 million readers of Travel + Leisure magazine. I dedicate this award to our guests and to all employees of The Oberoi Group. Our people are our biggest asset – they have worked passionately to ensure our guests receive warm, personalised and caring service.” – said, Mr. P.R.S. Oberoi, Executive Chairman of The Oberoi Group.
Located in Udaipur, in the state of Rajasthan, the ultra-luxurious Oberoi Udaivilas is a romantic hotel that was built to resemble a traditional Indian palace. Take a look inside and let the photos do a better job of telling the story.
World’s Best Hotels by Travel + Leisure
1. Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, India
2. Hotel Castello di Casole — a Timbers Resort, Casole d’Elsa, Italy
3. Ashford Castle, County Mayo, Ireland
4. Triple Creek Ranch Darby, Montana
5. Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur, India
6. Four Seasons Hotel, Istanbul at Sultanahmet, Turkey
7. Singita Sabi Sand, Kruger National Park Area, South Africa
8. Farmhouse Inn, Forestville, California (three-way tie)
8. The Peninsula Shanghai
8. Sunset Key Guest Cottages, A Luxury Collection Resort, Key West, Florida
See the top 100 list here.
Images Courtesy of Oberoi Hotels