Your home is your safe space, which means you want it to be as comfortable and relaxing as possible. Whether you reside in a mansion overlooking the Pacific Ocean or live in a quaint suburb in a moderately-sized home, there are ways you can upgrade your home to match your luxury lifestyle, all while boosting your property’s value. Take a look at some key improvements you can make to your luxury home that will make you feel like the king or queen you are.
Invest in new furniture
While this may sound like an easy fix, the furniture you decorate your home with will set the tone of your home. Old, outdated furniture that’s faded, scratched, or damaged will make your home look less than ideal. Rather, you want to choose furniture that matches your home’s theme and creates a uniform look to make any room look more expensive.
For example, if you live in a modern home, furniture made from glass and metals will exude a contemporary flair that’s pristine and sleek. If you’re living in a mid-century modern home, furniture with darker woods and lighter, patterned fabrics will look chic and stylish. There are many luxury furniture brands you can find unique pieces from, such as Hooker Furniture, Parker House Furniture, and Copeland Furniture that will make your house the most luxurious one on the block.
Remodel your patio
Your outdoor living space is just as important as your indoor living space. Everyone loves laying out and basking in the sun, having warm conversations with those you love around a warm fire pit, and just taking in the fresh air.
Some patio perk-ups you can make to create a peaceful and luxurious outdoor space include:
- A patio awning to block hot summer rays from sun burning you and your guests
- An outdoor kitchen, complete with a built-in grill, sink, refrigerator, trash bin, pizza oven, and ice cooler
- Comfortable seating, such as an outdoor couch and loveseat, lawn chairs, and cushioned chairs
- Lush greenery, such as hanging plants, fresh flowers, ivy, shady trees, and a mix of perennials and annuals
- Colorful accent pieces, such as bright throw pillows and stunning outdoor artwork
Install smart technology
Smart technology is rapidly changing how we live our day to day lives. Efficiency is a great way to add luxury to your home, as it brings back the joy and fun of being a homeowner. Turning your home into a smart home is one of the best ways you can elevate the luxuriousness of your home.
To create a smart home, you’ll need to start with a software hub, such as IFTTT that can connect all of your smart devices. Additionally, you’re going to need a virtual assistant, such as an Amazon Alexa, Google Home, or a Facebook Portal. From there, you’ll be able to connect everything in your home, from your lights to your security cameras. Here are some smart technologies you should install in your home to bring it into the future:
- Smart light bulbs that can be dimmed or turned on and off with your voice
- Smart refrigerator that can tell you what items are in your fridge, even when you’re at the store
- Smart laundry machines that will let you know when your cycles are about to finish
- Smart thermometer that can be adjusted from your smartphone or voice, and can be adjusted when you’re not home
- Smart pet food bowl that will feed Fido or any furry friend when hunger strikes
Get fancy with a wine cellar
If you’re a wine collector, a wine cellar is a must if you want to create a high-end home. With a wine cellar, you’ll be able to entertain guests and yourself with your best reds and crisp whites. Make sure to install a bar or table to hold conversations, and have the proper cooling system that allows your vinos to age well. Additionally, invest in the right wine racks that can accommodate small and large bottles alike. Your wine cellar will need different sized cells to fit a variety of bottle types, such as Champagne, Bordeaux, Magnums, Burgundy, and splits.
The bottom line
With these home makeover tips, you’ll be on your way to living in luxury. From redecorating rooms with new furniture to getting smart with smart technology, these ideas can make any home more luxurious.